Followers

Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Just Fine

Hello, everyone. I trust that all of you have had a safe and wonderful weekend. I want to start by thanking each and every one of you for your support this past week. I have received numerous phone calls and e-mails from many people letting me know how much they've enjoyed reading "A Man's Worth". It puts joy in my heart when I open an e-mail that's full of encouraging words and well-wishes. Many of you have even taken it to another level and referred my novel to someone else who belongs to book clubs. I am very blessed to have awesome fans who really want to see me prosper in my literary career. However, I feel the need to address another issue. While I am grateful for those of you who knows somebody, who may know somebody else with the "hook-up" that'll place my novel in the right hands, I must stay focused and realize that sometimes the "hook-up" may be a trick of the enemy. I often hear, "Girl, you need to be at a certain nightclub tonight because this person will be there and if you can get a copy of your book in his/her hand, you'll go straight to the top." And this week, I've also heard, "Nikita, it's time for you to change your image and do something drastic with your appearance so that you can get noticed, it'll really help your sales. And you need to stop hanging around with certain folks because they'll only bring you down. You're a celebrity now and you've escalated to another level and you have to let some people go. Get new friends and start hanging with a more elite crowd." Well, let me say this. My friends, family and associates have been in my corner since I wrote the 1st. word in my 1st. manuscript years ago. I have no intentions of altering my lifestyle to please anyone. Never will you find me in a night club promoting my novel, never will I deny those who love me and want nothing but the best for me. Whether I'm a celebrity or not, that remains to be seen and truth be told, I really don't care. I've come too far to get big-headed, stupid, ignorant and snooty when doors open for me. I shall maintain my Christianity and trust that God, and God alone, has the "real" hook-up. For God I live and for God I'll die. So, to all of you who think you're helping when you advise me to change this and change that, get rid of this person and get to know that person, I echo the words of Mary J. Blije. "I won't change my life, my life is JUST FINE."

Kita