Followers

Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Intelligent Women Only

This week, I'd like to share my wonderful time I had this past Saturday with the Intelligent Women Only (IWO) Book Club. I met the ladies at the Oak Park Library and what a time we had going deep into my novel, "A Man's Worth". Saying that the women were on fire for this book is really putting it mildly. At times, we forgot that we were in a library. Our discussion went almost 2 hours long and my characters, Pastor Cordell, Randall Loomis, Amaryllis Price, Gabrielle & Genevieve Davis, and of course 16 yr. old Brandon, had us laughing and getting angry at the same time. I was so happy that each lady contributed to the meeting by stating what she liked most about the novel. And after all was said and done, we ate well. Special thanks to twins, Latonya and Latoya Davis. My diva, Michelle Vaughn, for introducing "A Man's Worth" to the group. Miss Yolanda, who crammed overnight to get the book read. My mother and sister were with me for moral support and I so appreciate them for all that they do. I had a blast. And to finish out the perfect weekend, I joined the ladies at their church, Destiny Worship Center on last night for a dose of Pastor DeAndre Patterson's hooping and hollering. We fellowshipped, we danced, we cried and we danced some more. I walked away with Pastor Patterson's motto: "Don't believe what you see, see what you believe."

Kita